Saturday, December 14, 2019

ACT Prep & College Essay Writing -- Grades are coming!

Greetings!

I've got all of the work in for the students in this class, so grades are ready to go out.  Before I send them, however, I want to make some comments about this class and work students did.  For the most part, I considered participation and completion of homework assignments as keys for grading the students this semester.  As I said in the Class Notes, the work they did was practice for the greater test -- the real ACT and an actual college application.  It didn't seem right to give them scores that coincided with how well they did or didn't do on the chapter drills and practice tests.  Every week, students came to class ready to engage with the material.  They listened well, asked questions, and were thoughtful about the strategies and tips for taking the ACT.  

Along with the scores for the class, I'm attaching the final draft of the college application essay with my notes and suggestions.  Many times these applications go through multiple drafts, so even though these are final drafts, I've included thoughts for further improvement  -- my goal for each one is that they have a great  essay that ensures their entrance into the college of their choice.

Look for two emails from me:  one with a copy of the final draft with my notes and one with scores for the class.

Blessings,
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment

ACT Prep Class Notes -- Week 15 (May 5)

  Greetings! The students have done it!  They've reviewed (and re-reviewed) all of the strategies for taking the ACT.  I recently talked...